larson jewelers

Thursday, August 31, 2006

a little lost, but also found...

I'm feeling a bit lost the last couple of days. My PC's mouse decided to up and quit a few days ago. No amount of switching to other mice, other ports, restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. would correct the problem. Then the keyboard went out. I was still able to access my pc and work on/from it via the internet and logmein.com, until last night when it decided to not boot up at all and give me a blue screen with error message. I had a chat with my techy friend and he will come and look at it when he has a chance (hey, I can't be pushy, all he asks for payment is a bowl of ice cream :o)

In the meantime, no Quickbooks to do our invoicing for our pool business, no PS CS2 to do scrapbooking, no database to work on our homeschool co-op registrations At least I have my laptop and can get online, but I still feel a bit lost....

All that said, I have had more time for other things. Spending time with my family instead of sitting in front of the computer. The house is looking pretty spiffy since I have more time to clean. I have had more time for devotional quiet time. Now, the REAL realization is that I have always had the TIME to do those things, but have chosen to use the time to do other "stuff." A good thing to ponder....priorities.

Is it just me or did August absolutely FLY by?? I can't believe tomorrow is September 1. We have one of CJ & Tyler's friends visiting from Ohio this week and then school starts back (co-op and homeschooling for us), then CJ goes on her hike with my dad (which means I have to help run the spa store while she is gone), then Richard comes from Australia. And sometime in all that hoopla I have to get our taxes done, since I filed for an extension in April.

It's true...the older we get the faster time seems togo by. Remember when we were kids and thought Christmas or the end of the school year would never arrive??? Sigh...

1 comment:

Mrs. Burns said...

Its always August that flies by... (sigh) Why is it that the summer months are so much quicker than the long and dreary winter months? So sorry about the computer malfunctions!

 
Top DigiScrap Blogs