larson jewelers

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My friend was laid to rest today. I thought it was neat that her cemetery plot is right next to the one reserved for me and my husband. And just a few plots over from the only grave in our family site, my infant nephew who died last year, Charles "Chase" William Honaker III.

Lots of thoughts have been running through my head and heart. As I mentioned a couple of posts ago...I wish I had done more with Debbee, spent more time with her. I know that she knew I loved her, and I knew she loved me, but still I wish there were more memories together. More crazy stories. I am going to make an effort to be intentional about time spent with those I care about...to stop working and have that cup of coffee, to not be TOO busy!

Debbee was such a nut. Eternally youthful. When she had her first bout with cancer many years ago, she made her niece promise that at her funeral she would get up and say the punch line to that *old joke to the tune of The Pink Panther...which she did even though she prefaced it with apologies if it seemed irreverent to anyone. There was so much laughter at her funeral. It really was the celebration of a life that touched many others and glorified God!

*joke is here:
What does the pink panther sing when he steps on an ant?
Dead ant..dead ant..dead ant...dead ant...dead ant...dead ant...dead ant

No comments:

 
Top DigiScrap Blogs