larson jewelers

Monday, July 24, 2006

Blogger keeps eating my post!

I've been really meditating on the following, excerpted from a newsletter sent out from my friends Mike & Connie at Great Plains Ministry:

It's Not About Me! - (Really? I am sooo shocked!) Being human, we all have that sinful bend in our hearts to think about ourselves more than anyone else.
Hebrews 12:2 says, Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. The word 'fix' doesn't mean just glancing over once in awhile. It doesn't mean taking a peek when it's convenient. To fix our eyes means to 'look at attentively' and is taken from the word 'to stare at'. In other words, keep looking at it - all the time - and don't take your eyes off it to look somewhere else.
How often do we get our eyes off of Jesus? For me, it might be easier to answer, "how often do I FIX my eyes on Him? Easier because the number would be much smaller. I have desperately needed this reminder from Connie/Jesus to FIX my eyes on Him. To focus completely. It's helped me many times over the last few days since I read it. Thanks, Connie!

No comments:

 
Top DigiScrap Blogs